Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lady Gaga + Wheelchair = Stop Being So Sensitive

Best Blogger Tips

*Disclaimer: My opinions are meant to start discussions.  Not end them.*

     I can't believe what I heard this morning on my way to work.  Z-100 was talking about how Lady Gaga had a great concert in the down under of Sydney, Australia, when they suddenly said something that was like an explosion of rants going off in my head.  Miss Gaga came out to perform "You and I" dressed as a mermaid while popping wheelies (just kidding) in a wheelchair!  Then they preceded to talk about how some people were really offended by this.  Supposedly people were so upset over this that, while at a night club after the concert, her entourage (by the way great show, Ari Gold is the man) were having eggs thrown at them.  Yes people I said it.  Eggs.

     I am one on the side of the people that really don't care.  It may be because I've never had to be in a wheelchair, let alone have to live in one, that I really do not feel a strong opinion in favor of being mad at her for this.  Personally, I see this as a, this is just Lady Gaga being Lady Gaga.  Exactly like, for us sports fans, Manny being Manny or Lebron being Lebron (a.k.a just acting like dumb asses a.k.a. not using any brain cells).  She's just one of those one uppers.  If another performer is in the news for any reason, she has to one up their reason with an even bigger reason of her own.  

     Eight surgeries I've had on my lower tailbone region.  When people go around calling me an ass, I don't get upset at them for referencing the word ass (I know what your thinking, nothing as demoralizing) .  Or better yet, we teach sign language in schools, but shouldn't that be insulting to the hard of hearing cause the non-hard of hearing people are learning something thats mean for the hard of hearing?  I'm almost 100% sure that makes no sense to anyone but myself.  Still don't see how this is such a terrible thing considering she didn't say anything nasty about people that need wheelchairs.  

     Ever going to a Walmart or A&P or someplace that has them motorized carts, where people sit in and scoot around (I can't remember the name right now and don't judge me cause I'm sure you have brain farts sometime), and scoot around in them yourself even though nothing is wrong with you (if there's something "wrong with you then I'm not talking to you)?  Same thing people!  Or parking in a handicapped spot when your not handicapped (that one pisses me the f off though).  I'm sure your sitting there thinking of 999,999,999 other things that people do that are worse then what she did.  I'm sure it's just a huge thing cause she's suppose to be a role model (funny movie) to kids. Well if you think she's so bad, then don't go to her concerts, and those that love her go.

     Remember Kurt Cobain?  Yeah that Nirvana guy, who was one of, if not the greatest artist of all time if not his time.  He came out in a wheelchair at one of this concerts about 15 years ago now, but who cares if he did it right?  Till next time, keep your eggs in your fridge, and blast some Gaga music while riding around in wheelchair or motorized scooter.  I've never done that.  I mean it ..........







Hope you enjoy my rants!
  Let me know what your opinion is.
  Remember to each their own.



Promote Your Blog

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

No comments: