Saturday, July 9, 2011

Verizon Wireless Is No Good

Best Blogger Tips

*Disclaimer: My opinions are meant to start discussions.  Not end them.*

     A couple weeks back my Blackberry (what was I thinking buying one?  Oh I remember .... I wasn't thinking) decided to crap out AGAIN for a 3rd time, in less then a year into my two year contract, on a Friday ofcourse.  I was going on a trip to Pennsylvania, to visit my friend that lives 2 hours away (mostly highway), and wanted to see if Verizon would be so kindly to give me a replacement phone right then and there or a prepaid phone with a few hours worth of time on it incase something happens.

     The technician guy told me to contact Asurion, the company that Verizon deals with to send out replacement phones, about getting another phone.  Why should I contact the people that YOU deal with?  This makes no sense.  If YOU have the contract with these people then YOU should contact them since I have the contract with Verizon.  That I knew he was going to say though since they told me the same thing the other times.  I, for some reason, thought that maybe he could help me out, since I'd be going on a trip, but nooooo he wasn't allowed to do that.  Shot down by the company I have a contract with TWICE.  So here I am going on this trip, by myself, and my phone provider, whose phones keep crapping out on me, "can't" help me.

     Saturday comes, and I'm off.  Going good on Rt 80 in Jersey until I hit bumper to bumper traffic.  So much traffic that everyones shutting their vehicles off , and getting out of their cars to see if they can see ahead at what happened.  Meanwhile, I hear a beeping noise.  I look at my dashboard and my vehicles overheating. Ofcourse, bumper to bumper traffic, hour and half from home, no cell phone.  Long story short,  I got to the shoulder, a cop stopped and helped me out,  the preceded to wait for 3 hours till my engine cooled down and the traffic started moving to try to go home (by the way I was going to a memorial, and that cop let me use his phone to call AAA but AAA said it'd take a few hours to get someone to me since the traffic was so bad).  There was no way for me to contact a tow truck or my parents, to let them know where I was or what happened.

     A few days later I was still steaming from Verizons fantastic customer service that I wrote them an email.  

To whom it may concern,
My name is Matt McCaw and as of recently, I am a very dissatisfied
costumer. Last Friday (6/24/11), I ended up at the Rockaway, NJ,
Verizon Wireless store for technical support again. The Blackberry Bolds
I keep receiving keep malfunctioning, and I want to upgrade my phone,
but I haven't even been in this contract for a year yet. Yes thats right, 4
phones in less then a year! Not only am I disgusted with that, but I was
going on a trip this past weekend (which I told your associate that was
suppose to help me about) 2 and half hours away. So I asked him if I
could have a prepaid phone with a few hours on it (incase something
happens since my keyboard on my blackberry fried and I had to wait for
a new one), and of course he said no since I didn't get my phone from
you guys, but i got it from asurion since it was a replacement phone. So
really there was no point in me even going to him for help. Just so
happens that my vehicle overheated an hour or more into my trip, and I
had no phone! Luckily a cop was in the traffic and helped me out about
an two hours after the ordeal started. If I had had a phone I could have
been able to call AAA or my Allstate Roadside people 2 hours earlier! If
that cop weren't in the traffic, I could've been there for a few hours longer
till someone nice enough with a phone stopped. Obviously with this being
my 4th phone (and already programs aren't working, but i'm not even
going to bother returning it cause i'm sick of the crappy service) I want
out and to be able to pick a new phone. Maybe one that works.
Hopefully you can help me better then the last person that "helped me".
Matt
     In response to this I got back:

Good evening Mr. McCaw,
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Jonathan and I will be happy to assist you regarding your device replacement inquiry. As a fellow wireless user, I understand your desire to replace a defective device and I will be happy to assist you with your request today.
Mr. McCaw, I am certainly sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your device and encountered the unfortunate situation described in your email on your trip. Please note that devices that have been replaced by the insurance company carry a warranty through Asurion, the insurance provider. If you are encountering issues with the device that was replaced via the insurance company, you must contact Asurion at 888-881-2622 to discuss possible coverage options.
Alternatively, please be aware that you may utilize the annual upgrade that is available on the number ending in 3985 to obtain a new device at promotional pricing for a $20.00 processing fee. You may activate the device on any number on your account after accepting the contract terms for the number that is eligible to upgrade. Additionally, I would be happy to credit the $20.00 processing fee to your account once you have upgraded, activated, and maintained the device through the 14-day return period. I will follow-up on your account and credit this charge automatically if these terms are met.
Alternatively and since you indicated that another type of device is desired, you may elect to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) device at a reduced cost compared to full retail. The CPO program allows you to purchase a device of your choice (depending on availability) once in a 12-month period. Please be aware of the following terms and conditions regarding the CPO program:
1. The purchase of a CPO device is available once every 12 months for qualifying situations.
2. The purchase of a CPO device requires shipment to an address of your choice since these devices come from a Verizon Wireless warehouse. This means that you could visit a retail location for assistance; however, the device would be ordered on your behalf and shipped to the address you designate.
3. All CPO devices Include the device, battery, battery cover (if one is needed), and other accessories typically included with the same new device.
4. All CPO devices also include free economy (five business days) shipping via the U.S Postal Service. Priority overnight and Saturday delivery are available for an additional charge (if available for the shipping address specified).
5. CPO devices are not eligible for any rebates or additional discounts.
6. CPO devices are covered under a one-year warranty period.
7. Any data feature requirements for the device selected apply for CPO devices (if applicable).
8. You have the option to enroll in any Equipment Protection/Device Insurance options at regular monthly pricing.
9. The Verizon Wireless Worry Free Guarantee (14 days) and Return Policy (including applicable restocking fees) apply to Certified Pre-Owned devices.
10. The current device should not be returned to Verizon Wireless, as it is yours to keep.
If you would like to inquire about devices or place an order, you may contact me directly at 803-231-1815 and leave me a detailed voicemail regarding your request. You may also contact our Customer Service Team at 800-922-0204, 7 days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST to request this information or to place an order.
It was my pleasure assisting you today and I hope that I have provided a resolution to your concerns regarding your device replacement inquiry with my first reply. In this email, I advised you about information related to a device's warranty via the insurance company. I also advised you about the upgrade that is available on the number ending in 3985 and the option to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device at a discounted price in order to obtain a different device. I hope this experience is a positive reflection of the service provided by Verizon Wireless via www.verizonwireless.com.
If you have any additional concerns regarding this inquiry, please contact me directly at 803-231-1815 and leave me a detailed voicemail. My office hours are normally 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Alternatively, you may contact our Customer Service Team at 800-922-0204, 7 days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST with any additional concerns.
It has been a pleasure assisting you today and we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You are a valued customer and we appreciate the opportunity to service your wireless needs. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
Sincerely,
Jonathan
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service 

     Yeah thanks for helping me out.  NOOOOOT!  Companies need to learn the value of customer service and how much their customers mean to them.  I work for a company that, as soon as you call with a problem, we're already figuring out a way to make the situation better for you.  Whether its a new product or a refund.  No questions asked.  I hope there aren't many people out there have been through this with crappy customer service, but I'm sure there is.  Someone needs to do something.  Any suggestions on what to do let me and any others know.  Thanks.


Hope you enjoy my rants!
  Let me know what your opinion is.
  Remember to each their own.

Promote Your Blog

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

No comments: