Monday, July 11, 2011

People Who Don't Use Sidewalks

Best Blogger Tips

*Disclaimer: My opinions are meant to start discussions.  Not end them.*

     From the time we learned to walk, our parents would say "Don't play in the road."  Well, let me set the scene for you.  I'm driving along, going someplace, going around a bend, and bam!  There's a person running in the road.  No I didn't hit the person.  The person was running on the other side of the road, but come on!  You have a sidewalk on your side.  So why not use it.  Is it because you don't want to crush the little weed in the cracks of the old, weathered walk way.  Or is it because it's called a "sidewalk" and not a "siderun"?  

     Either way if we hit you then it's the driver's fault.  Doesn't seem fair at all.  I'm sure we've all thought to ourselves, sometime or another, "I wish I could do something and knock some stupidity out of this person."    Well guess what.  Baaaaam!  I imaginarily hit the person.  And in my imagination the person got right back up, but instead of using the road, to run, they used the siderun.  

     Do people run on the road because it might have less bumps?  Which would make sense to not "hurt" your feet as much.  I personally would rather my feet "hurt" a little more from bumps then taking a chance of getting hit, and getting seriously injured.  I feel safer with guard rails next to me (when the sidewalks have them) then with cars next to me. 

     What's with people that WALK in the road, with their friends.  In a straight line that extends out to the middle of the road.  As if to say, "We're badass, we can walk how we want because you can't hit us."  Your right we can't, but we can sure whizz by you as fast and close as possible and beep our horns to scare the shit out of you!  I mean ........ I would never ever do that (sarcasm, I do it all the time). 


Hope you enjoy my rants!
  Let me know what your opinion is.
  Remember to each their own.

Promote Your Blog

Laughter Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

No comments: